This event has ended. Thanks for your support! Save the date for our fourth annual Bracken Cave Bat Experience on September 6, 2023.
Saturday, April 1
- 5:30 – 10:00 pm
- Knibbe Ranch
- 9836 Spring Branch Road, Spring Branch, TX 78070
- Raise funds to Stop 3009 Vulcan Quarry!
Help Preserve Our Hill Country Environment! Join us for our fourth annual fundraising dinner and auction—at the historic Knibbe Ranch in Spring Branch, one of the few remaining Century Heritage ranches in Texas. The evening is dedicated to raising funds for the continued legal fight against the proposed Vulcan quarry and bringing awareness to the negative impacts of poorly supervised aggregate mining and quarry operations in Texas.
Enjoy fabulous Texas BBQ, local libations, music, and more! Silent and live auctions will top off the evening as we toast everything that we love about our one-of-a-kind Hill Country—all while supporting a great cause!
All proceeds will support legal counsel and scientific experts needed for the ongoing battle against the proposed Vulcan quarry and TCEQ. Attire: bolos and boots (Hill Country dressy). Ticket sales have ended. Thanks for your support!
Silent & Live Auctions
A few of the great auction items and unique experiences currently available (more being added every week) include:
- One-week stay in Angel Fire, New Mexico for group of eight
- Safari adventure at Ox Ranch in the Hill Country (2 nights for two, all-inclusive)
- Tuscany with dinner and wine by private chef (6 nights for two)
- Napa Valley wine tour (3 nights for two)
- Amalfi Coast in a private apartment (7 nights for two)
- Unlimited luxury at El Mangroove in Costa Rica (4 nights for two)
- Land of aloha on the Big Island, Hawaii (5 nights for two)
- St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands at Bolongo Bay (4 nights for two, all-inclusive)
- Luck of the Irish in Dublin (5 nights for two)
- Private sailing and wine tastings in Portugal (5 nights for two)
- Rejuvenating seaside escape in Hilton Head (3 nights for two)
- Luxurious vintage flair and elegance in Montreal and Quebec (4 nights for two)
- Bracken Bat Cave experience for group of ten
- Diamonds on Ice
- Tito’s Handmade Vodka package
- San Antonio Botanical Gardens membership and picnic basket
- In-N-Out Burger roundup combo
- Tickets to San Antonio Zoo and Six Flags Fiesta Texas
- Photography packages and sessions from Steve Armstrong Photography
- Gift baskets and certificates from many other restaurants and retailers
- Many more great items and unique experiences!
As silent and live auction items are added, we will be displaying selected items here and on our Facebook page. Mark West, Auctioneer #17806.
Thanks to our sponsors for their generous support and contributions!
Bag Lady Express
Bat Conservation International
Bubba Duke’s Authentic Texas BBQ
Comal Pecan Farm
Jim & Joyce Doyle
Dry Comal Creek Winery & Vineyards
Don & Linda Everingham
Four Seasons of Angel Fire
Milann & Pru Guckian
Ken & Diane Higby
Liz & Becky James
Carl & Holley Mohr
Oak Valley Vineyards & Restaurant
Mike & Terry Olson
MV Poffenberger Artist
Preserve Our Hill Country Environment Foundation
San Anthony Jewelry & Formal
San Antonio Botanical Garden
San Antonio Zoo
Six Flags Fiesta Texas
Steve Armstrong Photography
Tito’s Handmade Vodka
The Wash Tub
West Ridge Construction
Wild Birds Unlimited
Preserve Our Hill Country Environment Foundation (DBA Stop 3009 Vulcan Quarry, Friends of Dry Comal Creek) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization formed to preserve, protect, and restore the land, water, air, wildlife, unique features, and quality of life in the Texas Hill Country from the aggressive and insufficiently regulated expansion of the aggregate industry. Contributions to Preserve Our Hill Country Environment Foundation are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.