Our training sessions have ended, but please check out the TCEQ Public Meeting Survival Guide for tips on preparing for the February 27 meeting.
Speaking effectively at a TCEQ public meeting is easier said than done. TCEQ has very specific rules about what topics you may comment on, how long you may speak (three minutes goes by really fast), etc. Plus we all get a little nervous when speaking in front of a crowd.
We’ve scheduled several training and practice sessions to help us all prepare for the upcoming February 27 public meeting concerning the Vulcan Comal quarry—and future meetings as well.
Choose a 90-minute session at the time and place most convenient to you. These short, informative sessions will:
- Summarize the TCEQ public meeting process (including the difference between an informal question and a formal comment)
- Help you identify how you would be personally affected
- Help you formulate your three-minute comment
- Get you fired up to be an effective advocate for your family and our beloved Hill Country
- Tuesday, February 6, 2018
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018
- Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Bulverde-Spring Branch Library
- Thursday, February 15, 2018
Bulverde-Spring Branch EMS #3 (Johnson Ranch)
- Saturday, February 10, 2018
- Saturday, February 17, 2018
Note that each of these sessions is limited to 20 people. We are anticipating a large turnout, so to be guaranteed a seat at one of our sessions, you need to register your attendance (for each person planning to attend). If there are already 20 people registered, we will not be able to accept walk-ins.